Packing for a trip is one of my favorite things to do, simply because it makes me get super excited about my upcoming trip. I literally cannot pack early enough.
Since I have recently been to the Philippines, I wanted to share a list of things you should definitely bring. Of course it always depends where you are going in the Philippines and what you want to do but if you plan to go to an island destination such as El Nido, I believe this list will be very helpful for you.
- Bikinis/Swim shorts/Bathing suits – bring enough of these since you will be spending most of your time in the water
- Water Shoes – you will need them for most of the tours since there a lot of sea urchins and rocks in the water
- Flip Flops/Havaianas – I did not wear any other shoes really the whole time I was there
- Rash Guards – these shirts will also be very useful for your island hopping trips to protect you from the direct sun (because you should never underestimate the sun in the Philippines)
- Summer clothes – There is really no need to bring any long shirts or pants, you will only really need these when you go on a van or plane to some other destination because of the air conditioning
- Snorkelling Gear – of course you will always get these for free when you do a tour but I always prefer to bring my own
- GoPro – there are so many beautiful and colorful fish and corals in El Nido so if you want to take some nice pictures, bring your GoPro with a waterproof case to the trip (it is also helpful to buy a floating device/hand grip)
- Camera – the Philippines is such a beautiful place, so make sure you bring a camera to capture the breathtaking landscape
- Sunglasses – do not forget these, there is a lot of sun
- Waterproof Bag – again this is very helpful for island hopping trips or anything that involves water, I always bring my 10L one which fits a lot of things
- US Adapter – the Philippines are using the same adapter you would use for the US so make sure you bring the right one
- Enough cash – the first time I went to the Philippines I found out very quickly that I couldn’t withdraw money at any ATM so when I went this time I brought enough cash
- Passport – of course, or you will not be able to board the plane
- Tissues – in some restrooms you will not find toilet paper so it is always good to carry tissues with you
- Hand Sanitizer – same as there is no toilet paper, there might also not be a sink and soap to wash your hands
If you want to read more about my trips to the Philippines, you can follow this link.
What do you pack for your vacation to the Philippines or any other island destinations?
Would love to hear your thought!